Monday, April 30, 2007

Can we do you now?

Hi from the Hair and Beauty salon in the Forest Road building. We're constantly on the look-out for victims - sorry that should read, "clients" who want a free or reduced rate hair cut or treatment.
At certain times of the day volunteers are needed as models for us to practice on or to work on as part of exams and assessment.
Here in the foreground you can see Hannah and Jasmine.
Hannah from Level 2 Hairdressing says, "I have always been interested in hairdressing since my first ever trip to a hairdressers at the age of 12. I find the hairdressing industry is vast and opportunities are always at hand depending on how creative and dedicated one is."
Hannah continues, "The course I am currently taking is a 12 month course and I'm guaranteed a qualification at the end as long as I work hard. It is very convenient if you want to qualify quickly. And I am really enjoying my course too!"
Jasmine (pictured next to Hannah) is also spending 3 days a week on the Adult Intensive course and is proud to say that she came 4th in the recent Hair and Beauty Total Look competition for her model's 'Weather' look.
The Hair and Beauty Salon can be reached on 8501 8212 or you can pop in anytime to room 130.

No comments: