Monday, November 06, 2006

£50 prize just for the best idea



Do you have an idea or a passion for a business venture?

- Let us know and it could win you £50!



It’s amazing how many people won’t talk about their ideas because they fear people might laugh at them. So tell us what yours are and who knows you may be the next entrepreneur.


Here are some ideas showing you how it can be done……





REAL IDEAS NO.1


“After I’d had trouble finding flip-flops in Britain to wear for a winter holiday, my boyfriend asked: “Why don’t you design your own and sell on the Internet?” I went onto the web to research what there was already, then spoke to my sister, who has experience in graphic design, who thought it was a great idea. The more I thought about it, the more excited I became.”
Victoria Tringham, 28, founder of Pomelo, which now sells on-line at funkyflipflops.com and in nearly 70 boutiques including Harrods.





REAL IDEAS NO.2


"I had always wanted to work for myself so signed up for a business planning course, not knowing exactly what kind of business I was going to plan. On the train to the course one morning I was flicking through a magazine and found a great photo of an acorn. This inspired me to set up Babu - the first of my t-shirt designs being 'Tall oaks from small acorns grow'."
Katy Ellis, 25, founder of Babu, a maternity fashion label www.lovebabu.com





REAL IDEAS NO.3


“I'd rescued and repaired several abandoned bikes for friends when I realised it was a great opportunity to make a living doing something worthwhile for the community and environment." Dom Scholfield, 28, co-founder of the Oxford Cycle Workshop, which has repaired & recycled 600 abandoned bikes in 2 years.


www.oxfordcycleworkshop.org.uk


Click here to email your ideas to us.Don't forget to include your Name and Student ID number for that chance of winning £50.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The College could set up as an IELTS examination centre. This can be a good move financially. There are just under 30 exam Saturdays in a year and at an average of 50 candidates per week paying £90 exam fees, the turnover could be around $135000 p.a. After overheads (full time staff member at +- £26000, invigilators and examiners paid piece work, British Council fees and admin.) it could still prove worthwhile.